|Electrical Controls Engineer
St. Paul, MN
||Electrical, Controls & Software Engineering
|Job Type: >
||Bachelor of Science
Konik PrimeStaff has partnered with a test engineering industry leader in search of an Electrical Controls Engineer.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, commissioning, and supporting controls, software, and data acquisition systems. In this position you will be given responsibility to individually execute project deliverables while also collaborating with other engineers, projects managers, and customers. This role makes use of your hardware and software capabilities and requires a systems level perspective.
- Deliver concept designs, system drawings, parts lists, functional specifications, software, and reports for the control and data acquisition of wind tunnels, facility control, and engine test systems.
- Deliver quality engineering service on schedule and within budget.
- Demonstrate effective individual task management while working within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Interface with various transducers, instrumentation, and peripherals through a variety of interfaces and protocols. Examples of this include load cells, servo valves, thermocouples, limit switches, MIL-STD connectors.
- Provide input and guidance concerning potential use and benefit of emerging technologies.
- Gather technical specifications and designs from key stakeholders and customers to determine and create test system controls and software/hardware specifications.
- Travel to customer sites for design reviews, site surveys, and system commissioning. Travel is both domestic and international.
- Oversee the implementation and release of system drawings by working with CAD designers to produce specification and design drawings.
- Identify critical problem areas, project risks, alternative solutions and potential consequences. Communicate these issues to project stakeholders and management.
- Support or perform system assembly, checkout, and site installation.
- Develop high quality documentation such as operations manuals, test procedures, design specifications, and validation plans.
- Ensure compliance with design criteria and customer, government, and company engineering standards.
- Support, modify and upgrade existing hardware and software per customer requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience implementing automation systems.
- Working knowledge of electronics and electrical systems used in systems test, automation and control applications.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation schematics and system wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems.
- Demonstrated ability to meet budgets and schedules.
- Due to the nature of the work U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Diverse Candidates encouraged to apply.