We are looking for a Survey Crew Chief to run survey crews for mapping and construction projects. This person will be supervisor of field survey crews engaged in various types of surveys including performing boundary traverses, location surveys, level runs, retracement surveys, staking subdivisions, bridges, highways and commercial developments.
- Directs the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately.
- Understands and operates as necessary total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Ability to run Trimble GPS and robotic total stations required.
- Performs calculations and works with computer programs and CAD.
- Documents all phases of survey work.
- High School diploma or GED and 4 years experience as a Survey Crew Chief. Two years of college preferred.
- MnDOT and Railroad staking experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and operate total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs and CAD.
- Knowledge of field survey engineering methods and techniques and survey instruments.
- Knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform higher level mathematical calculations such as algebra and trigonometry.
- Ability to compute arcs, angles and distances from surface data.
- Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment
- Must have good handwriting skills for marking lath and recording field notes
- Clean driving record required.
- LSIT or Certified Survey Technician Level 3 preferred.
- Must have or be prepared to obtain OSHA 10 hour training, Railway Safety training and additional project related safety certifications.
PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.