The Project Delivery Office (PDO) of a government agency that manages recovery and rebuilding efforts in New York State is seeking qualified candidates for construction management supervision in Long Island and Staten Island, New York. The candidate will oversee the demolition process of residential structures, specifically, the candidate will make certain that all notifications have been submitted, ensure the demolition contractor generates, and submits all plans and applications, and obtains any and all permits required to properly perform the demolition and ensure compliance with local municipal, New York City (if applicable), New York State, and Federal rules and regulations governing demolition work and associated tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
▪ Oversee and direct demolition projects from pre-demolition until vacant lot, graded and seeded with suitable vegetation.
▪ Oversee all onsite and offsite construction activities to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
▪ Provide oversight of multiple demolition project sites while maintaining open lines of communication with supervisors when needed.
▪ Coordinate and direct demolition contractors and subcontractors.
▪ Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
▪ Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper demolition means and methods.
▪ Respond to management requests for updates on properties relating to municipality / homeowner issues.
▪ Ensure all requested documents are uploaded into agency’s electronic system of records.
▪ Ensure Hazardous Material Handling and Disposal Plans are being followed by contractors
▪ Oversee perimeter and personnel air monitoring during demolition of the structures.
▪ Ensure that safety at the Site will fall under the most stringent of guidelines and regulations under Federal OSHA and New York Public Employee Safety and Health (PESH) of the New York Department of Labor.
▪ Ensure demolition contractor complies with all federal, State, and local environmental rules and regulations governing demolition activities, including but not limited to the proper packaging, labeling, manifesting, and disposal of resulting wastes, and provide Certificates of Disposal and copies of fully executed manifests from the final disposal facility to show all shipped waste was properly disposed of.
▪ Ensure all Permit applications, notifications, and plans have been submitted, all required permits have been obtained, and all utilities disconnect letters have been obtained.
▪ Ensure project sites are cleaned daily with all debris removed promptly.
▪ Provide a two-week look ahead schedules calling out all critical activities and subcontractors to be on site.