Excellent opportunity available with a State agency that centralizes recovery and rebuilding efforts in impacted areas of New York State. The agency aims to address communities’ most urgent needs, while encouraging the identification of innovative and enduring solutions to strengthen the State’s infrastructure and critical systems.
Under the general direction of the Program Director and/or Deputy Executive Director the Program Assistant provides administrative assistance and support for a specific program team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Maintain calendar for the Deputy Executive Director and any additional designees.
▪ Arrange appointments and travel, and prepare monthly expense reports.
▪ Carrying out routine office activities such as answering and routing phone calls, copying, transcription, filing, data entry, handling incoming and outgoing, e-mail, and mail, and other tasks as needed.
▪ Drafting memos, correspondence, reports, manuals, presentations or other documents as needed.
▪ Maintaining and verifying contact information and mailing lists.
▪ Assisting with file maintenance and development of electronic filing systems.
▪ Interacting with grant recipients via email and telephone, and responding to or redirecting inquiries for technical assistance.
▪ Assisting in accomplishing all goals, tasks, and assignments relating to the operation of the program, department or office as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director or Program Director.
▪ Maintaining a working knowledge of the program and office policies, procedures, activities and operational functions to disseminate information as directed.
▪ Developing and maintaining program tracking systems/filing and entering data as necessary.
▪ Manage the execution of letters to subrecipients, including but not limited to pre-application approval letters, application acceptance letters, and application approval letters. This includes writing/editing copy, obtaining necessary signatures, emailing scanned copies to subrecipients, mailing hard copies to subrecipients, and storing both electronic and hard copies in accordance with internal file structure guidelines.
▪ Maintain the submissions of subrecipient quarterly progress reports. This includes tracking submissions via email/mail, electronic document storage, ensuring that the tracker is fully updated, following up on outstanding reports
▪ Manage the execution of subrecipient agreement amendments and related financial and legal documentation. This includes obtaining necessary signatures, liaising with multiple agency departments, and electronic/hard copy document storage.
▪ Assist with program event planning, as needed. This includes reserving space, drafting agendas, and overseeing any necessary small purchase procurements.
▪ Execution of additional ad-hoc assignments as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director or Program Director.