Position is located in Farmingdale, Long Island. The Program Assistant will perform programmatic administrative support duties for a government recovery and rebuilding program. She/he will assist with the execution of programmatic initiatives by documenting, tracking, and escalating issues as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
▪ Working with the "Living with the Bay" Program Manager and program staff on all general office management support.
▪ Assisting in accomplishing all goals, tasks, and assignments relating to the operation of the program.
▪ Maintaining a working knowledge of the program.
▪ Providing logistical support, typing, document review for content and format, filing, files maintenance, photocopying, scheduling meetings/rooms, event preparation, and calendar management.
▪ Creating, organizing and maintaining files.
▪ Tracks project information, drafts memos, correspondence, presentations or other documents as needed.
▪ Assists with development/upkeep/scanning of documents, particularly spreadsheets.
▪ Communicating with Federal, State and local agencies, on monthly reports and requirements.
▪ Attends meetings with stakeholders as necessary.
▪ Briefs senior program staff as necessary.
▪ Additional duties as may be assigned.
▪ Filing correspondence and other documents related to ongoing projects.
▪ Entering, tracking, invoicing, elation reporting and following up on Subrecipients, contractors and beneficiaries and other report deadlines and deliverables.