A government agency that centralizes recovery and rebuilding efforts in impacted areas of New York State is seeking a Program Administrator for their Housing department. The Housing Recovery Program provides assistance to communities for repairing damaged properties, reconstructing damaged homes, mitigating damaged properties for future resilience, reimbursing Applicants who have already begun repairing their homes damaged by Superstorm Sandy, Hurricane Irene, and Tropical Storm Lee. The Program includes the Single-Family Housing Program with over 10,000 applicants as well as several smaller program areas.
The Program Administrator will work primarily with the Housing Policy Team, and will assist the Housing Policy Director and Program partners in day-to-day management of the Clarification and Appeals Process. The Program Administrator will ensure that cases are reviewed in a timely manner, that appropriate determinations are issued to applicants, and that applicant files reflect Program decisions. Working with the Housing Policy Team, the Program Administrator is responsible for researching, developing, administering and evaluating programs in response to the identified needs of program recipients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Providing general support to the Housing Policy Director;
▪ Managing the recovery process for properties from initial application through final payment;
▪ Creating applicant-facing documents, policy updates, and case-specific communications;
▪ Tracking inquires, provide status updates, and troubleshoot issues to resolution.
Clarifications and Appeals Management:
▪ Overseeing partners who administer key program aspects including: applicant-facing case management, review of applicant-submitted documents, review of applicant specific request for evaluation of Program determinations, and mailings to applicants;
▪ Providing a level of quality control at each level of the process;
▪ Working collaboratively with program partners to resolve issues;
▪ Propose efficiencies to points in the process where possible.
▪ The Program Administrator may be called upon to do special projects as requested.