Established in June 2013 following the occurrence of Hurricane Irene, Tropical Storm Lee, and Superstorm Sandy, a government agency centralizes recovery and rebuilding efforts in impacted areas of New York State. The agency aims to address communities’ most urgent needs, while encouraging the identification of innovative and enduring solutions to strengthen the State’s infrastructure and critical systems. The agency utilizes approximately $4.4 billion in flexible funding made available by the Federal government. This program concentrates aid to four main areas—Housing Recovery, Small Business, Community Reconstruction and Infrastructure.
The Senior Procurement Analyst is responsible for a broad range of activities related to administering the agency’s competitive procurement activities in accordance with applicable regulations and policies as well as the provision of analytical and reporting functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Administer large procurement activities including but not limited to Request for Proposals/Qualifications (RFP/Q), Competitive Sealed Bids (CSB), Invitation for Bids (IFB) from pre-solicitation to award.
▪ Handle all aspects of the contract initiation and execution process.
▪ Administer the mini-bid solicitation process amongst contractors.
▪ Provide guidance to contract managers and program staff on completing justification memos and cost reasonableness documentation.
▪ Provide assistance to programs on scope development and research as needed.
▪ Complete bid tabulation/price proposal analysis for various projects.
▪ Prepare track and maintain various reports, logs and databases and coordinate reporting of portfolio status.
▪ Perform other related duties and special projects as needed.
▪ May supervise Procurement Analyst(s).