The New York State Department of Health, Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management, Bureau of the Center for Provider Services and Oversight is seeking to fill on administrative assistant positions in the Albany, New York Office (875 Central Avenue)
The successful candidate will assist with administrative functions related to the Criminal History Record Check Unit. This will include:
- Answering incoming calls from applicants/providers and assisting with all questions pertaining to CHRC.
- Process incoming faxes and e-mails, most of which contain confidential information.
- Help maintain the CHRC Discrepancy Queue for incoming submissions by contacting providers to send in information to fix data discrepancies.
- Run and work reports daily to help maintain the CHRC database.
- Process incoming and outgoing USPS and internal DOH mail.
- Performing data entry tasks and analyses of data in CHRC database, among other systems and databases.
- Work with others on group projects and day to day issues.
The successful candidate should be dependable, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable working autonomously, and work well with others.