Job Title: Program Implementation Intern /Part-time
A New York State Agency that manages grants and funding for communities that were damaged by Super Storm Sandy and other storms is seeking an Intern for their Community Reconstruction department.
The selected candidate must be able to work a minimum of 15 hrs./week; no more than 20 hrs./week.
Within the Community Reconstruction (CR) Program’s Policy team, the Program Implementation Intern will play a critical role in developing and advancing the program’s implementation agenda and supporting the team with quantitative analytic support where requested. The position will be mainly responsible for developing various program research projects focused on comprehensive analysis of the recovery and resiliency initiatives that the Community Reconstruction program is funding. Examples of projects include reporting out on the various outcomes of projects for internal and external interested parties. Other responsibilities may include assisting on the review and completion of various program documents used to demonstrate compliance with key program requirements, and compiling information about the status of projects.
The Program Implementation Intern may also support project management staff in tracking, reviewing and monitoring ongoing projects and initiatives. This position is ideal for a graduate student looking to be involved in public sector work focused on the development and administration of a state-run, federally-funded storm recovery and community resiliency grant program. This is a paid position, working 15-20 hrs./week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support management, program implementation and executive staff in providing updates to reporting documents used for inquiries from external and internal information queries;
• Analyze existing documentation practices and develop solutions that improve document intake and retention across regional teams;
• Provide quantitative and qualitative data and analytic support as requested by Community Reconstruction Program leadership;
• Actively participate in work groups and advisory teams as needed; and
• Other administrative support to team where requested.