An exciting opportunity is available for an Assistant Policy Director at a State agency that manages a disaster recovery program. The Assistant Policy Director is responsible for management of and interpreting Federal and State regulations related to the agency’s funding and program objectives, ensuring compliance and that documents are consistent.
The Assistant Policy Director will also coordinate between the State agency and Federal agency and manage the Action Plan amendment process. This position will assist and lead the coordination of the rest of the policy team and the agency’s programs with the writing, managing, coordinating, and maintaining of policy and program documents, including Policy and Procedures Manuals and guidance documents. This position will play a role in developing and advancing the agency’s policy agenda and manage documenting policy decisions and other record keeping needs. Additionally, the Assistant Policy Director will support the agency in preparing information for monitoring and audits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Read and interpret relevant regulations and best practices, and coordinate with Programs to ensure that compliance is achieved.
• Work with Policy and Program teams on developing policies and procedures for issues that cross programs such as resiliency and fair housing
• Lead the coordination of the Policy and Program teams on developing and maintaining policy and procedure manuals and other Federal required documents.
• Analyze and research existing policy and regulations to support the Policy team and help determine compliance risk.
• Write about policy and practice for a variety of audiences to support agency’s policy agenda.
• Manage coordination with Federal agency for quarterly visits – monitoring and technical assistance – and preparation of responses or documentation requested by the Federal agency.
• Help agency’s programs prepare for Federal visits and be point of contact during such visits.
• Manage the Action Plan amendment process within the Policy team and Program teams.
• Coordinating with Communications team to ensure current policy content on the website.
• Other administrative support to team where requested.