Established in June 2013 following the occurrence of Hurricane Irene, Tropical Storm Lee, and Superstorm Sandy, this government agency centralizes recovery and rebuilding efforts in impacted areas of New York State. The agency aims to address communities’ most urgent needs, while encouraging the identification of innovative and enduring solutions to strengthen the State’s infrastructure and critical systems. The agency utilizes approximately $4.4 billion in flexible funding made available by the Federal government. This program concentrates aid to four main areas—Housing Recovery, Small Business, Community Reconstruction and Infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Audit invoices to ensure that all necessary supporting documentation is electronically submitted and received in our invoice tracking system
▪ Reconcile invoices: Confirm that the billing amounts, period of performance, and scope of work in each invoice are consistent with respective vendor contracts, purchase orders, or leases
▪ Verify calculations of time and material, reimbursable expenses, and lump sum amounts being billed
▪ Identify, analyze and resolve billing discrepancies via the most effective process; includes verbal and/or written communication with internal and external clients.
▪ Review of temporary staff or contractor invoices including review of employee time cards and benefits
▪ Prepare invoice packages for payment for the New York State Treasurer; includes printing, scanning, uploading electronic files, and cataloguing paper files
▪ Audit travel reports in accordance with NYS travel regulations including facilitating training sessions and giving feedback to internal partners
▪ Participate in ongoing audit or ad hoc requests for multiple programs
▪ Respond quickly and efficiently to the needs of internal and external clients
▪ Perform other duties as assigned