Talented Case Management for single family housing program is needed to provide support in the applications related to repairing, reconstructing, elevating and/or mitigating storm-damaged single-family properties in a fast-paced, complex Disaster Recovery program anchored in Farmingdale (Long Island), NY. Looking for a quick-learning, self-directed, team player.
- Assist homeowners with navigating through the process to complete projects within policy guidelines. The goal is to facilitate start or restart of a homeowner’s construction project, complete a homeowner’s ongoing construction project, and/or finally close out the case’s entire file with the state agency.
- Liaise between internal team members and external stakeholders (i.e. contractors, design professionals, municipal officials) in order to progress a homeowner to the next step required to complete construction and/or closeout of entire file.
- Review and verify all required application information and documentation from the property owner (e.g., personal identification, property ownership, damage assessments, etc.).
- Work with property owners as necessary to gather all missing documents needed for the application.
- Travel to applicant homes, local building departments, or other sites as necessary to ensure homeowner is making progress toward construction completion and achievement of program closeout.
- Educate homeowners on complex processes and procedures and encourage homeowner engagement in completion of application process.
- Complete closeout process, which includes quality assurance of required documentation in State system of record.