Alphanumeric is hiring an Associate Scientific Director to join our energetic and growing team working fully remote with amazing clients on cutting edge therapies. An Alphanumeric ASD delivers content for internal and external medical affairs initiatives including, but not limited to, presentations, advisory boards materials, infographics, and strategy and messaging plans and oversees 1-2 accounts driving a team of 1-3 medical writers. The ideal candidate holds a PhD, MD, or PharmD with 3 or more years of medical writing experience with preference for expertise in immunology and infectious diseases. Additional related degrees will be considered in conjunction with the right experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to create original, high-quality, and scientifically accurate content for a myriad of medical communications content types. Bring your creativity and your eye for detail. We are looking for a storyteller and a scientist who can adhere to project specifications, budget limitations, and develop content on time. Alphanumeric ASDs are therapy area experts who work closely with client leads to deliver exceptional content and provide mentorship and training for the medical writers on their team.
· Write materials with tone and language appropriate for the target audience and ensure an appropriate and effective story flow is in place
· Develop accurate and concise outlines, on-target first drafts, and proactively incorporate data/revisions as appropriate for high-quality content development
· Drive project specifications, timelines, and budget considerations in collaboration with the account team
· Collaborate with client leads, clinical scientists, key opinion leaders, authors, and Alphanumeric team members to ensure projects are completed on time and within budgeted project scope
· Delegate project responsibilities and effectively manage the medical writers on their team to deliver content to client specifications and within budgeted project scope
· Develop detailed briefs for cross-functional colleagues and internal team members when collaborative work is required to the goals of the project and any next steps are clear
· Prioritize scientific accuracy, clarity, and ethics when creating, referencing, reviewing, or editing content
· Nurture your knowledge and the knowledge of your team within assigned therapeutic areas to become trusted partners and subject matter experts
· Provide editorial and peer review prior to any and all content delivery as the scientific sign-off