Alphanumeric is hiring a GAS TURBINE PIPING & LAYOUT DESIGNER to work in Lake Mary, FL with an environmental-friendly energy innovator focused on sustainability.
This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that satisfies code, contract and schedule requirements for MHPSA's Gas Turbine power projects in the Americas.
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
* Understanding of piping design philosophy and ability to perform piping designs for high energy and process piping per applicable ASME codes and standards.
* Proficiency with 3D pipe modeling software (e.g. PDS, PDMS, SP3D).
* Perform the design and drafting of mechanical and piping plant models using applicable standards, project technical specifications and enterprise or project procedures.
* Development of 3D models in an integrated CAD environment.
* General Arrangement drawings of piping and plant layouts from the 3D model as required by the project.
* Generate piping isometric drawings from the 3D model as required by the project.
* Preparation of and updates to project deliverables including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping & Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID) and pipe isometric drawings * Provide material quantity take offs for estimating purposes or inclusion into bulk commodity purchases and installation contracts.
* Meet Schedule requirements for engineering deliverables to ensure project schedules are met.
* Works with designers from other disciplines towards the successful completion of a coordinated design.
* Compiles, maintains and accesses job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as outlined in project and engineering work instructions.
* Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and quality.
* Ensures compliance with approved design standards in own work to provide quality design.
* All other duties as assigned by senior design team members.
* Develop processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
* Strive for excellence through developing concepts to improve piping systems and reduce costs.
* Request, receive and handle technical information required/indispensable for the project to and from Subcontractors cooperating with Purchasing department and also discussing with Project Manager/Engineering Manager;
* Follow up and resolve any pending items which are found during, or remain after, completion of Project execution up to the expiration of Warranty period.
* Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
* Ability to perform multi-tasks and perform multidisciplinary communication.