Alphanumeric is hiring a SENIOR ELECTRICAL I&C ENGINEER to work in Basking Ridge, NJ with an environmental-friendly energy innovator focused on sustainability.
Candidate MUST be a US CITIZEN or hold a valid GREEN CARD
The Senior Electrical Engineer I&C will provide Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) and Electrical engineering supports to proposal and contract project operation across Boiler, Selective Catalytic Reduction System (SCR), Air Quality Control Systems (AQCS), Wastewater Spray Dryer (WSD), Flue Gas Desulfurization Systems (FGD), Turbine and After Market Service areas. These include generating documents and/or furnishing consultation in engineering calculations and analysis.
* I & C equipment specifications, technical evaluation, analog and digital control logic diagrams, combustion control system (CCS) & burner management system (BMS) philosophy, process control and alarm set‐point list, analytical instruments, loop diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), process flow diagrams (PFDs) review, Instrument List, IO List, and ISA format Data Sheets, etc.
* Electrical equipment specifications, technical evaluation, cable block diagrams, electrical control schematics, interconnection wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, electrical load list, electrical area classification, and P&IDs & PFDs review.
* Excellent understanding and knowledge of I&C / Electrical Engineering for power plant environment. Must have a thorough understanding of Codes and Standards related to Power Plant design and installation.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Develops major Instrumentation and Controls engineering specifications, bid evaluations, and vendor document/drawing reviews for equipment (i.e., Distributed Control System (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), CEMS/NOx Monitoring System, Analyzers, Vibration Monitoring System, Fabric Filter Cleaning Control System, Transmitters, Thermocouples, Control Valves, etc.
* Prepares and reviews engineering calculations, P&IDs, control system narratives and control system architecture, operator interface layout, instrument connection and installation details, location drawings and technical specifications
* Generates DCS Graphic drawings and control logic diagram using SAMA/ISA format for BMS/CCS controls for Boiler and Burners, AQCS, SCR, WSD, FGD, etc.
* Develops major electrical engineering specifications, bid evaluations, and vendor drawings reviews for equipment (i.e. Medium & Low Voltage Motors (per NEMA MG1), Power Transformers, Switchgear, Motor Control Centers, UPS and VFD Systems, and Pre‐Engineered Power Distribution Centers (PDC), and Equipment Layout. etc.
* Prepares and reviews engineering calculations, one‐line diagrams, schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, load list, hazardous area classification (per NFPA 496 & 497), cable schedules, cable tray routings, lighting layouts, panel schedules, grounding layouts, heat tracing, lightning protection layouts, and other electrical layout drawings and specifications as required
* Ensures that I&C / Electrical design & engineering deliverables are delivered per contract specifications, and within budget and schedule as lead engineer, if assigned
* Reviews I&C / Electrical related documents to mechanical, electrical and process equipment technical specifications and vendor drawings of equipment manufacturers or subcontractor's and prepares comments and recommendations
* Coordinates all I&C / Electrical engineering interfaces with other discipline and client as lead engineer, if assigned
* Prepares I&C / Electrical engineering work plans/progress report and monitor man‐hours as lead engineer
* Ensures work products meet all applicable local and industry codes, standards and regulatory guides specifically NFPA, NEMA, ASME, ISA, etc.
* Able to review and understand DCS and PLC configuration drawings
* Able to support and execute multiple proposal and contract as project discipline engineer with minimum supervision
* Performs I&C / Electrical related equipment inspection FAT
Other Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide supports in developing I&C / Electrical engineering standards and practices
* Possess excellent analytical, decision making, planning and organization skills
* Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead others, provide coaching,
* development and mentoring of subordinates
* Ability to travel both within the USA and to other countries, as deemed necessary
* Foster a teamwork environment
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees
* Ability to work independently and with others
* Continuously seek ways to improve processes to reduce man‐hours
* Organize, maintain and control the status of electrical documents & drawings in PW
* Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times
Alphanumeric is a dynamic company born of a diverse mindset and held to a distinctly high standard. Established in 1979 we lead life science and healthcare organizations toward a more efficient future across the globe, bringing patients and providers together to build personalized relationships that fit their needs.
But at our core, we are a family with a shared and passionate dedication to our customers. We treat our candidates as amazing (because they are!)
Apply today to join our family and Make Your Mark!