Alphanumeric is hiring an ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to work in Lake Mary, FL with an environmental-friendly energy innovator focused on sustainability.
Applicants must have US Citizenship or Green Card
This position is responsible for designing the electrical power distribution network for the auxiliary equipment of Gas Turbine projects. Voltage levels are primarily in the low voltage side (600V and below) with implementation of equipment such as MCCs, Panelboards, LV Transformers, DC Systems and Batteries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute to proposals based on expressed customer needs.
• Responsible for assisting project leads in the electrical design process of the project.
• Utilize SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL) to design the electrical power distribution network as a
database. Successfully develop single-line diagrams, panelboard schedules, electrical loads
lists, motors lists, feeder schematics, master cable schedules, master terminations schedules,
and other electrical documents best suited for extraction from a database type tool like SPEL
under the supervision of the project lead. Experience with similar database driven software
will also be considered.
• Utilize SmartPlant 3D (S3D) to design the electrical power distribution system under the
supervision of the project lead to successfully develop power system plans, lighting plans,
electrical room layouts, elevation drawings, conduit/cable tray arrangements, hazardous area
classifications, and other electrical documents best suited for extraction from a database/3D
type tool like S3D. Experience with similar database driven 3D software will also be
• Assist project leads in performing calculations, sizing of equipment (i.e.: breakers, overload
devices, etc.), sizing of cables/conduits/equipment spacing, illumination level calculations,
maintaining bill of materials, and other design duties required by complexity of project.
• Prepare specifications primarily for electrical wiring equipment (i.e.: cables,
conduit/fitting/trays, termination boxes, lighting, etc.) and select qualified vendors. Interface
with purchasing and vendors in the modification and approval of component parts and
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
• Possess current, working knowledge of electrical design for industrial facilities; power plant
experience is a plus.
• Interpret and design per code requirements from the authority having jurisdiction over a project's
electrical installation. Will need to be able to investigate, understand, and interpret when necessary the
applicable electrical code for a project (NEC/NFPA 70, CEC, IEC, etc.).
• Provide technical support during manufacturing and commissioning of equipment
• Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for
benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
• Travel - 5%.
Education and/or Experience
SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE DESIRED