Alphanumeric is hiring a WELDER to work in Savannah, GA with an environmental-friendly energy innovator focused on sustainability.
This position will operate without supervision all types of welding, blending and stress relief equipment such as Gas Tungsten Arc and Metal Inert Gas. Operate without supervision specified metal fabrication tooling and equipment such as oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting arc torches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Read, interpret, and perform all operations as necessary per drawings and/or work instructions.
* General knowledge of all other shop processes.
* Multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and does so with minimal supervision;
* Perform TPMs on equipment; * Install accessories in components per work instruction.
* Install accessories on Turbine components.
* Install accessories on Combustion components.
* perform minor Turbine repairs (Class A to Class B)
* perform minor on Combustion repairs (Class A to Class B);
* Understand penetrant applications and inspection methods (i.e,. red-dye, fluorescent penetrant);
* Perform other such duties as may be required.
* Demonstrate capability and aptitude to learn then teach various preheat and post-heat equipment and appropriate welding techniques using TIG and MIG.
* Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
* Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
* Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
* Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
* Always maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity.