Alphanumeric is hiring a GAS TURBINE PIPING PROJECT ENGINEER to work in Lake Mary, FL with a leading power company.
This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that meet code, contract and schedule requirements for Gas Turbine power projects in the Americas.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
* Interpret and respond to piping technical inquiries from customers, vendors and field personnel with minimum supervision.
* Interpret, integrate, and improve design requirements from parent company.
* Ability to work closely with the parent company on weekly basis to establish timelines and obtain critical documents within the timeline.
* With/through purchasing department, expedite Sub-contractors with respect to engineering and manufacturing matters. Responsibilities are but not limited to: review of progress reports, periodic shop visits to their facilities.
* Ability to review project contracts, schedules, and requirements in detail to determine piping requirements, deliverables, and deadlines.
* Ability to participate in projects kick-off meeting and develop/maintain master document list for piping group.
* Ability to review isometrics and other piping related mechanical drawings with minimum supervision.
* Ability to review P&IDs and equipment drawings against piping drawings.
* Ability to prepare piping component lists (valve list, specialty component list, and etc.) using P&IDs and reports out of 3D models.
* Ability to extract reports out of piping 3D models (SP3D).
* Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
* Understand piping design philosophy and ability to perform piping designs from time to time.
* General understanding of pipe stress analysis and pipe supports.
* General knowledge of materials and piping hardware (bolts, nuts, and gaskets) in the preparation of piping, valve, and support technical specifications and subsequent purchasing.
* Understand and interoperate ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Codes. Ensure that piping code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the design and vendor requirements.
* Prepare inquiry and purchase specifications for piping fabrication, pipe supports, piping hardware, and especial elements in piping systems (Flex Hoses, strainers, orifice plates, and etc.).
* Develop processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
* Strive for excellence through developing concepts to improve piping systems and reduce costs.
* Interface with EPC contractor, customer, parent, and affiliated companies in periodical meetings to ensure understanding of engineering matters.
* Request, receive and handle technical information required/indispensable for the project to and from Subcontractors cooperating with Purchasing department and also discussing with Project Manager/Engineering Manager;
* Follow up and resolve any pending items which are found during, or remain after, completion of Project execution up to the expiration of Warranty period.
* Perform other technical Project implementation duties as required by the Company from time to time.
* Assist Application Engineering Group in reviewing and evaluating and reviewing Customer Specification together with parent company, as necessary.
* Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
* Ability to perform multi-tasks and perform multidisciplinary communication