Alphanumeric is hiring a PACKAGING TECHNICIAN to work day shift in Oak Hill, NY with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Positions will focus on the initial job responsibilities of:
- 'Tube Flipping' Feeding packaging lines with tubes for filling of toothpaste (repetitive work throughout shift)
- Will be on their feet for majority of shift flipping boxes of empty toothpaste tubes into the packaging line to fill the tubes with paste which is an automated process.
- Position must be able to successfully perform repetitive work throughout their shifts, following set procedures, perform work safety and keep work area clean, read/write and use computer/scanning equipment to perform tasks.
- Throughout contract period if CW is successful will have the potential to learn additional tasks in the packaging department.
- Organization and cleanliness of work area
- Perform work safely and following set procedures
- Ability to read, write, and use computer/scanning device to perform tasks
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
* Ensures quality and safety of all packaging activities
* Responsible for conducting Packaging Line Safety Assessments, Line Clearances, Changeover, Line Cleaning and general operation of Packaging Line equipment
* Responsible for performing Quality Checks of finished packaged product and accurately reporting/documenting
* Ability to perform equipment set-up, verification, operation, and adjustment of packaging lines to maximize safety, quality and output
* Ability to perform basic operating computer system transactions associated with packaging transactions and activities
* Perform material movement utilizing electric pallet jacks, RICO fork trucks, and handling of all packaging components
* Perform basic machine preventative maintenance checks, minor trouble shooting and corrections
* Participate in initiatives and programs to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within but not limited to safety, quality, processes and standard work, performance management and waste reduction
* Conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA)/ Problem Solving on packaging line downtime and equipment failures
* Understand and comply with all pertinent operating procedures, work instructions, forms and documentation, and good manufacturing practice guidelines
This position requires that all workers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination will be required. Considerations will be made for those seeking Medical Exemption under ADA or Religious exemption under Title VII