Alphanumeric is hiring a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC to work in Orlando, FL with a leading power company.
Repair, install, and maintain electrical and mechanical components of machinery such as engines, motors, pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, electrical systems, machine controls, and other aspects of production machines and equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic must be available and on site for any emergencies that may arise 24-7-365 such as machine breakdowns, power outages, weather, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Comply with company, federal, state, and local health and safety standards
* Basic personal computer skills with electronic mail, word processing, printing, PDF, and departmental documentation requirements
* Assist with small projects as a team member, installer, and fabricator
* Ability to complete assigned PMs
* Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and sketches with common symbols
* Ability to specify, configure, and install direct replacement electrical components
* Understand and measure basic electrical system concepts including single and 3 phase power, AC/DC, voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, etc.
* Design and install control circuits with simple components such as switches, relays, indicators, buttons, etc.
* Understand principles of power systems such as conductors, circuit protection, transformers, motors, power supplies, and generators
* Understand basic principles of PLC, HMI, PCNC, and SCADA, and other control systems
* Read and understand mechanical drawings with common symbols
* Understand basic mechanical principles including temperature, pressure, and flow
* Diagnose and install basic mechanical components including pumps, valves, regulators, filters, and pulleys
* Specify, configure, and install direct replacement mechanical components
* Understand basic principles of motion control
* Perform other such duties as may be required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
* Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
* Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
* Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
* Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.