Alphanumeric is hiring a Development Associate to work in the Pittsburg, PA area with a leading power company.
Job Title: Development Associate (Direct Hire)
❗❗Location: (Pittsburg, PA) Will consider remote for the right candidate. However, 80-85% of company is local. 10-20% travel.
We are seeking an Associate to support project development, commercial, and financing activities. This position will assist with the full prospecting and development of solar PV and energy storage projects sourced through acquisition and/or organic opportunities in target markets of the US. Key activities will range from excel-based financial modeling of renewable energy projects, supporting project development activities including land acquisition and permitting to conceptual design, planning, securing interconnection and commercial offtake opportunities in collaboration with both internal and external team resources.
This position requires a candidate whose education background is focused on energy, engineering, and/or business (finance or accounting) from an accredited college or university. Associate will gain valuable commercial and technical knowledge in the clean energy space, as well as a better understanding of the process to bring a new energy project from inception to commercial operation. This position will report directly to the Director of Development
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Supporting the Development Manager and Director of Development on all matters related to project development including but not limited to project origination, site control, feasibility assessment, grid interconnection, design and engineering, resource assessment, community relations, environmental & technical studies, siting and permitting, PPA origination, equipment procurement, project financing, and construction.
* Excel-based financial modeling of the renewable energy projects under development
* Ensure project-specific financial assessments capture all corresponding development, permitting and operational cost assumptions to support accurate financial modeling
* Perform sensitivity analysis on financial models to determine key drivers, optimal financial structures, and financial rates of return
* Compile and maintain auditable support for financial model assumptions, working with internal and external engineering teams
* Provide and create investment, financing, and other presentations
* Create and support project development plans to meet Oriden's objectives and implement the plans to manage projects within time, quality, and budget parameters
* Create and maintain project updates, schedules, and progress reports; identify risks and possible solutions for discussion with team members
* Prioritizing, coordinating, reviewing, and tracking development deliverables with internal teams and external consultants.
* Reviewing and managing project contracts with vendors and consultants.
* Utilizing internal reporting tools and forms to track timelines and deliverables.
* Research solar and storage energy markets and competition on an ongoing basis