Richmond, VA Posted: 5/23/2022
Alphanumeric is hiring an ANALYTICAL CHEMIST - Level 1 to work in Richmond, VA with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
The ideal candidate will want to do lab work - sample analysis, method development, sample preparation
Most techniques are HPLC / using balance, pH meter etc.
* Has knowledge of basic chemistry and laboratory techniques
* Applies technical skills and functional knowledge to projects/ assignments
* Acts as a scientific resource within the analytical team
* Successfully executes established procedures, methodologies and method validation / transfer protocols with supervision
* Properly follows appropriate documentation procedures
* A scientific and technical colleague that interfaces with other analytical and quality team members
* Consistently recognizes atypical data including chromatography and intermediate results
* Capable of troubleshooting basic instrumentation issues
* Recognizes documentation issues of colleagues and works with colleague to resolve them in a timely manner
* Assists a more senior colleague in method development and troubleshooting which includes experimental work.
This position requires that all workers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination will be required. Considerations will be made for those seeking Medical Exemption under ADA or Religious exemption under Title VII
* Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry or related field.
* Knowledge of chemistry and principles of problem solving
* Ability to follow methodology
* Excellent written and oral communication.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, data acquisition software, and Laboratory Information System (LIMS).
* Ability to work and succeed in a team based environment.
Already have an account? Log in here