Alphanumeric is hiring a Packaging Equipment Engineer, Senior level to work with one of the leading power companies in the world.
Hybrid role 1-2 days per week in the Lake Mary / Orlando, FL area.
This position is responsible for overseeing mechanical system design packages for gas turbine auxiliary mechanical equipment for project work, ensuring that the supplied equipment packages meet code, contract and schedule requirements for power projects in North and South America. In addition to project work, driving the development/evaluation of new Suppliers.
The mechanical systems engineering group is responsible for the following major systems:
* Lube Oil Unit & Oil Mist Separator
* Control Oil Unit & Control Oil Cleaning Unit
* Compressor Blade Washing Unit
* Heat Exchangers, Including the Turbine Air Cooler, Fuel Gas Heater, FG Dew Point Heater
* Fuel Gas Conditioning Equipment (Filter/Separators, Scrubbers, Filters)
* GT and Auxiliary Enclosures Heating, Ventilation
* Enhanced Cooling Air Equipment (Compressor and Drain Mist Separator)
* Fire Fighting Systems
* GT Modular Enclosures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Interpret P&IDs and other technical material to develop system project requirements
* Review inquiry and purchase specifications for mechanical equipment for projects
* Review of vendor designs to ensure compliance with code, contract and internal requirements
* Ensure equipment interface information meets requirements
* Drive the technical evaluation and qualification of Suppliers
* Drive the process for development of design improvements
* Develop and Adhere to schedule for engineering deliverables
* Interpret and integrate design requirements from parent company.
* Establish processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
* Develop concepts to reduce system costs.
* Ensure that code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the system design and reflected as Supplier requirements.
* Provide regular status updates to management
* Interpret end customer contract technical requirements and ensure incorporation into the system design.
* Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate leadership ability and provide direction to peers and lower level engineers.
* Mentor lower level engineers and be willing to transfer knowhow
* Generate ideas for product development.
* Proactively improve tools, processes and procedures of the Engineering team.
* Willing and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
* Travel 5% - 20%. 4