Alphanumeric is hiring a Packaging Equipment Engineer Associate - Entry Level to work with a leading power company in Lake Mary, FL.
This position is responsible for overseeing mechanical system design packages for gas turbine auxiliary mechanical equipment for project work, ensuring that the supplied equipment packages meet code, contract and schedule requirements for power projects in North and South America. In addition to project work, driving the development/evaluation of new Suppliers.
Hybrid role 1-2 days per week in the Lake Mary / Orlando, FL area.
The mechanical systems engineering group is responsible for the following major systems:
* Lube Oil Unit & Oil Mist Separator
* Control Oil Unit & Control Oil Cleaning Unit
* Compressor Blade Washing Unit
* Heat Exchangers, Including the Turbine Air Cooler, Fuel Gas Heater, FG Dew Point Heater
* Fuel Gas Conditioning Equipment (Filter/Separators, Scrubbers, Filters)
* GT and Auxiliary Enclosures Heating, Ventilation
* Enhanced Cooling Air Equipment (Compressor and Drain Mist Separator)
* Fire Fighting Systems
* GT Modular Enclosures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Interpret P&IDs and other technical material to develop system project requirements
* Prepare supporting calculations needed to ensure proper sizing of equipment
* Prepare inquiry and purchase specifications for mechanical equipment
* Provide technical recommendation of vendor
* Review of vendor designs to ensure compliance with code, contract and internal requirements
* Ensure arrangement and foundation interface information meets requirements
* Technical qualification of vendors
* Specification and analysis of test results.
* Development of standard drawings and specifications
* Development of design improvements
* Develop and Adhere to schedule for engineering deliverables
* Meet regularly with vendors to ensure all technical and schedule requirements are being met.
* Interpret and respond to technical inquiries from customer, vendors and field personnel.
* Interpret and integrate design requirements from parent company.
* Establish processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
* Develop concepts to reduce system costs.
* Ensure that code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the system design and reflected as vendor requirements.
* Provide regular status updates to management
* Interpret end customer contract technical requirements and ensure incorporation into the system design.
* Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
* Preparation of correspondence to vendors and other engineering groups