Alphanumeric is hiring a Medical Writer to join our team working fully remote with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. The ideal candidate holds a PhD or PharmD with 1-2+ years of medical writing experience across multiple therapeutic areas with preference for Oncology or Hepatology. Additional related degrees will be considered in conjunction with the right experience.
In this role, you will be tasked with creating original, high-quality, and scientifically accurate content to include a wide range of standard medical communications deliverables with a focus on materials used within the medical information space. All content will be developed to project specifications, timeline, and budget. You will function as a therapeutic expert within your assigned teams working closely with client leads to deliver exceptional content.
- Collaborate with client leads, clinical scientists, key opinion leaders, authors, and Alphanumeric team members to ensure projects are completed on time and within budgeted scope
- Develop accurate and concise outlines, on-target first drafts, and proactively incorporate data/revisions as appropriate for high quality content development
- Nurture your knowledge within assigned therapeutic areas to become a trusted partner and subject matter expert
- Provide input on project specifications, timelines, and budget considerations to the account team
- Develop detailed briefs for cross-functional colleagues and internal team members when collaborative work is required to the goals of the project and any next steps are clear
- Prioritize scientific accuracy, clarity, and ethics when creating, referencing, reviewing, or editing content
- Offer editorial and peer review to improve the writing of Alphanumeric colleagues
- Write materials with tone and language appropriate for the target audience and ensure an appropriate and effective story flow is in place
- When incorporating edits and/or updates for external authors, ensure their voice is maintained within the piece
- Provide appropriate, robust references and annotate documents as required for the content being developed