Analytical Chemist II
Richmond, VA Posted: 5/3/2022
Alphanumeric is hiring Analytical Chemists to work in Richmond, VA with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Support Operations by analyzing raw materials, intermediate batches, packaging and finished products as required.
- Responsible for instrument trouble shooting.
- Perform analytical testing on all incoming Raw Materials using USP/NF, FCC, Pharmacopoeia and methodology.
- Data analysis and entry of test results. Investigate out of specification results.
- Support method development, validation and/or product transfer activity as necessary.
- Preparation, documentation and maintenance of test solutions and standards.
- Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment.
- Ensures that GMP, Quality, Healthy & Safety are considered in all aspects of role.
- Perform other duties as directed by lab manager.
- Routine testing of raw material, bulk batch, packaging and stability samples.
- Authority to notify Operations in manufacturing or filling processes if a problem affecting the quality of the product has been discovered.
- Authority to initiate investigations in quality related issues.
- Investigate out of specification an out of trend data, and recommend CAPA. Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Comply with all safety procedures and policies.
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives and programs.
- Incorporate Lean Sigma/Lean Lab principles into ways of working.
- Flexibility to work extended hours (including weekends) to archive results as needed
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science degree in applicable scientific discipline or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Working laboratory experience, preferably with pharmaceutical experience.
- Working knowledge of Quality standards, and GMP requirements.
- Working knowledge of validations, calibration systems, and instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies and procedures.
- Problem solving/continuous improvement skills.
- Development skills in interpersonal communications, team building and training facilitation.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in writing, reviewing and revising SOPs, testing instruction.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, data acquisition software, and Laboratory Information System (LIMS).
- Ability to work and succeed in a team based environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours (including weekends) to achieve results as needed.
This position requires that all workers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination will be required. Considerations will be made for those seeking Medical Exemption under ADA or Religious exemption under Title VII
Already have an account? Log in here