Alphanumeric is hiring a SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - STEAM TURBINE to work in Lake Mary, FL with a leading power company.
The Project Engineer leads the engineering and design team, assuming overall responsibility for successful technical project execution. The Project Engineer acts as a liaison between the engineering team, project management and the customer with the responsibility for integrating the various engineering, scheduling and purchasing aspect of the project in accordance with contract obligations.
Familiarity with Steam turbine and Steam turbine auxiliaries design and construction is required (mechanical, electrical, and I&C).
Familiarity with Gas turbine, Generator, and BOP design and construction is highly desirable
.Major Responsibilities and Activities:
* Serves as single point of contact for EPC, Owner's Engineer, and Customer on all technical issues related to execution of power projects.
* Leads the planning, setup and monitoring of the project systems (e.g. kick-offs, MDL, DOR, contract deviation list), inter-discipline workflows and coordination of design activities through engineering disciplines as well as resolution of inter-disciplinary issues.
* Understands the Contract requirements and supports the translation of the scope of work to the discipline engineering teams.
* Monitors schedules, budgets and estimates through completion to ensure the project finishes on time and within budget. Leads periodic reviews of engineering execution schedule and budget, expediting of engineering teams (e.g. two-week deliverables look-ahead), escalation of needs (e.g. action items and hot lists) and reporting of project technical delivery status (e.g. monthly reports).
* Supports Project Managers in tracking and compiling any design or specification changes and their resultant impacts (e.g. ECNs and contract deviations).
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Conducts regular meetings with international affiliated companies to ensure successful project implementation.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
* Knowledge of project management (e.g. MS Projects), spreadsheet (e.g. MS Excel), word processing (e.g. MS Words), electronic mail (e.g. MS Outlook), 3D graphics (e.g. SmartPlant/PDMS), and technical diagrams/flow charts (e.g. MS Vision).
* Ability to perform multi-tasks and multidisciplinary communication.
* Reviews and comments, as required, on project documents and drawings to meet contractual obligations for document flow.
* Assists in the specification, bid analysis, vendor selection, and capacity assessment for MHPSA sourced equipment for Gas Turbine and Combined Cycle Projects.
* Maintains familiarity with engineering codes as they apply to Combustion Turbines and Auxiliary equipment, including but not limited to, ASME, ANSI, AWS, API, ASTM, NFPA and NEC.
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
* Strive for excellence through developing concepts to improve processes and reduce costs.
* Follow up and resolve any pending items that are found during, or remain after, completion of Project execution up to the expiration of Warranty period.
* Collaborates with Global Sourcing, Quality Assurance, and Project Managers in the coordination of vendors/subcontractors.
* Assist Application Engineering Group in reviewing, and evaluating Customer Specification together with parent company, as necessary.
* Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
* Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures, and reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
* Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
* Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
* Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.