Pooler, GA Posted: 1/24/2022
Alphanumeric is hiring an ASSEMBLER to work in a Light Industrial environment with a great organization in Savannah, GA with a leading power company.
Willing to work at Savannah location Second Shift (4:30PM - 3:00AM)
- Perform all work assignments in accordance with MHPS safety and quality polices practices, and procedures.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop assembly processes, operation protocols, and to pursue continuous improvement throughout the facility.
- Read, interpret, and understand assembly drawings and work instructions and lifting procedures as required to perform rotor assembly operations.
- Use and understand heavy tooling to complete assembly operations including: hand tools; hydraulic Tensioners, wrenches and jacks; induction heating; pneumatic/electric tools; drilling equipment; and specialty assembly fixtures.
- Use and understand material handling equipment to load and unload; transport; locate; and assemble rotor components and non production material. Equipment will include but is not limited to: powered industrial vehicles, overhead cranes and rigging, and manual movement.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment to take and record measurements as required by assembly drawings, work instructions, and quality requirements. Examples may include micrometers, calipers, taper gauges, laser measuring equipment, dial indicators, pressure gauges, and special fixtures.
- Ability to complete precision rotor assembly operations. Operations may include grind to fit, stoning, honing, polishing, blade pinning, grit blasting, red/blue checks, and anti-rotation locking devices.
- Prepare material for assembly by cleaning or polishing.
- Ability to use a computer as required to input data, log job completion, manage quality records, complete training, and maintain MHPS employee account information.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and individually.
- Ability to work while wearing a company uniform and complying with all MHPS dress code and conduct standards. Demonstrate capability and aptitude to learn then teach various operations associated with heavy duty rotor assembly. Comply with all safety policies, practices and standards.
- Comply with all MHPS Quality polices, practices, and standards
- Participate in proactive continuous improvement (F Revolution) initiatives to improve the safety, quality, cost, delivery, and productivity of assembly operations
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Adhere to Intellectual Property Policy and comply with drug policies.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree, certificate, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience related to precision mechanical assemblies, heavy equipment maintenance or repair, or similar fields of mechanical experience
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Japanese language experiences a plus but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to operate and understand using both SAE and Metric units of measure.
#LI - MF1
Already have an account? Log in here