Pooler, GA Posted: 1/4/2022
Alphanumeric is hiring a QUALITY INSPECTOR II to work in Savannah, GA with a leading power company.
*Second Shift (4:30PM - 3:00AM)*
This position will set up and operate various types of computerized and state-of-the-art nondestructive test equipment determining the most effective inspection methods to be used for each specific application.
- Read, interpret and perform all operations as necessary per drawings and/or work instructions;
- General knowledge of all other shop processes;
- Multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment and does so with minimal supervision;
- Perform TPMs on equipment;
- All Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills as required for Quality Inspector I Job Description;
- Perform eddy current, ultrasonic, FPI/PT, and Acetone/PT inspections;
- Assist with on the job training, certification efforts and consistently meets production requirements;
- Perform other such duties that may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Non-destructive inspections, i.e. dimensional, visual, flow testing, etc.
- Level 2 penetrant certification, MHPSA uses both red dye and FPI
- Level 2 X-ray inspection certified
- Mag particle, UT, and/or Eddy Current experience a plus
- Experience on PT (penetrant inspection) and X-ray is a must.
- Certified Level II Radiographer
- Experienced with Digital (DR) and Computed (CR) Radiography using an X-Ray source.
- Working knowledge of GE CRxVision with Rhythum Review software and XYLON MU2000 with PXM2500 software is helpful.
- Additional Level II Certifications in Liquid Penetrant (visible and fluorescent) and Magnetic Particle are highly desirable.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Already have an account? Log in here