Orlando, FL Posted: 5/13/2022
Alphanumeric is hiring a MACHINIST/TOOLMAKER to work in Orlando, FL with a leading power company.
Independently read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Verify fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding milling and boring sizes, depths, angles, or other specifications.
- Install, align, and secure tooling, attachments, and part on machine.
- Assemble cutting tools in toolholders and position toolholders in machine magazines.
- Load control media, such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Perform dimensional inspection of various products using measuring instruments such as calipers gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to part and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Operate machine and monitor displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operate machine manually to perform non-automated functions.
- Discuss control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts and perform equipment PM as assigned.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Second Shift (3:00PM - 11:30PM)
Already have an account? Log in here