Orlando, FL Posted: 12/13/2021
Alphanumeric is hiring a MACHINIST to work in Orlando, FL with one of the world's leading power companies.
The Machinist I position is responsible for setting up and operating CNC and/or manual machines. The Machinist I requires the ability to independently read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences required. They also possess the ability to multitask and run multiple machines at once to maximize productivity per standard work that has been established.
Key Responsibilities: (11:00PM - 7:30AM) 3rd shift
- Read, interpret and perform all operations as necessary per drawings and/or work instructions;
- General knowledge of all other shop processes;
- Multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment and does so with minimal supervision;
- Perform TPMs on equipment;
- All Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills as required for Machine Operator I Job Description;
- Assist Engineering with development on "First Run / Prove Out Programs";
- Make offset adjustments to correct out of tolerance conditions;
- Verify fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards;
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to part and to regulate
- factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow;
- Operate either manual machines or CNC machines where applicable;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to
- Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of
- third parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Ability to Work (11:00PM - 7:30AM) 3rd shift
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred Qualifications: Basic machining experience to include load, unload or parts and tooling and basic inspections.
- Machines: Horizontal Mills, Vertical Mills (HAAS), VTLs, Lathe (NC), Manual Mills, Surface grinders, and EDMs
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Already have an account? Log in here