Alphanumeric Systems Inc, a woman owned leader in IT services for more than 30 years, specializes in delivering robust, adaptable IT solutions that empower our clients to successfully respond to business opportunities, protect vital systems and data, and maximize their technology investments.
Alphanumeric Systems provides global IT support in 9 languages and is seeking professional talents in Montreal who speak English and an additional language.
We offer a base salary, language incentive, night pay incentive (for over night shifts), full benefits, and working full time from home.
Our Help Desk positions do not involve any selling or providing medical advice. We offer full and comprehensive training.
Must be Canadian citizen or hold an open work permit that allows you to work full time.
A downtown location (Square Victoria Metro)
Work from home (equipment provided)
Life, medical and dental benefits (after probation)
Employer paid ELearning courses
Employee recognition awards
Referral bonus program
Team building activities and events
Continuous coaching, training and development.
Alphanumeric is hiring an IT HelpDesk Analyst who speaks English and an additional language (French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Portuguese, or Mandarin) to work from home providing level one technical support to clienteles via inbound calls, emails, chat and tickets.
- Provide Service Desk support to external customers and users
- Receive, document and track all incoming customer/user calls for immediate remedy and closure
- Utilize computer and database information to update incident status
- Serve as the single point of contact (SPOC) for incidents, including owning the call through closure
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide service desk support to contracted clients
- Use defined procedures for responding to customer calls
- Collect information from caller and document data elements in designated tool
- Maintain records of all calls from customers using designated Service Management tool
- Provide detailed documentation of all steps involved in resolving customer issues
- Escalate issues to the appropriate department and personnel
- Investigate, examine, troubleshoot and solve hardware and software issues quickly
- Maintain a pleasant demeanor and attitude in the day to day communication and interface with customers
- Provide support and instruction for client products
- Perform all procedures based on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) with associated testing
- Update knowledge base for all clients
- Unlock and reset passwords for user accounts
- Resolve issues for clients using designated remote access tool
- Ability to have flexible schedule to assist in responding to emergency support issues and situations
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: Education and/or Experience:
- MUST be fluent in primary language of English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in another language (French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Portuguese, or Mandarin)
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Service Desk Analyst or equivalent customer service position
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office Applications
- Basic keyboarding skills, ability to use mouse, multiple monitors, and touchpad
Communication Skills, Reasoning Ability and/or Mathematical Skills:
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills