Chantilly, VA | Top Secret (SCI) Clearance
We’re searching for the best and brightest Data Developers around. Our passion for inventive technology drives us to deliver mission success to our clients by engineering cutting-edge cyber solutions and services. If you’re ready to upgrade your career, keep reading.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Additional, Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan and Company Match
- Paid Days Off
- Incentive Programs
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop the end-to-end vision and the logical design that translates into physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
- Be knowledgeable and have experience with a wide range of data administration skills.
- Understand data from the perspective of data processing and in the context of different life-cycle phases. Activities may include data quality engineering, metadata consolidation and integration, metamodel development and maintenance, repository management, data warehouse design and data mining, data security administration, and formulation of enterprise-specific data metrics.
- Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of the database environment.
- Advise applications development staff and users on data-based solutions to business problems, data architectures, data base management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Monitor databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data and is responsible for quality control of the database activities.
- Plan the technical transitions between development, testing, and production phases.
- Perform data warehouse design and construction.
- Codes and documents scripts and stored procedures.
- Assist with metadata repository management.
- Prepare and implement data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
- Conduct performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Review database design and integration of systems provides backup recovery and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintain security and integrity controls.
- Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
- Develop and enforce database administration and user standards and procedures; audit, modify, and amend data in systems using SQL commands.
- Oversee the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers.
- Create and review technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials; creates and maintains high-level reporting systems.
- Abilityto migrate data from DOORS® Classic to RDNG.
- Ability to support integration of the customer’s Rational® Publishing Engine (RPE) with RDNG.
- Ability to migrate dissimilar data from customer databases to RDNG.
- Provide daily operational and maintenance support for a suite of IBM® Rational® Jazz™ tools for a large federal customer.
- Maintain Jazz™ projects areas, coordinate the installation and configuration of Rational® tools, as well as patches, upgrades and monitor performance of the Rational® software.
- Ability to integrate a variety of plug-ins to RDNG (for example CAMEO®, Service Now®, and JIRA Portfolio®).
- Perform user administrator for the Rational® tools and provide Tier 2/3 help desk support.
- Support the transition of project teams to make the most effective use of the Rational® tools, including user training.
- Facilitate sometimes large meetings with the goal of reaching common understanding and consensus from an array of viewpoints.
- Communicate and document both strategic and implementation level criteria/requirements to an array of audiences that may have different levels of understanding.
- Teach RDNG users to attain a level of proficiency that they can successfully manipulate data and create reports at the user-level privilege.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience with administration of Rational® software and the Jazz™ technology platform, preferably DOORS® Next Gen, and Jazz™ Reporting Services.
- Experienced deploying and supporting IBM® Jazz™ in an enterprise topology.
- Experience working with SQL Server database.
- Experience working on Agile teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years).
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Very strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- We do not accept Corp-to-Corp.
At Rivera Group, we like to say we exist to build great things, and the folks who thrive here are the kind who cringe at the idea of “good enough.” Instead, our people are marked by curiosity, creativity, and a drive to not only get it right but to make it great. If big challenges make you happy, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or create an account below.
Rivera Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rivera Group provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Rivera Group maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page at www.riverainc.com.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Learn more about e-verify & immigrant and employee rights.