Position: Application Developer - Journeyman
Requirements: Secret security clearance
Location: Ft. Lee, VA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide cyber security support for Army logistics systems sustained by PL LIS through the programming of security requirements and patching with Visual Basic Script and PowerShell.
- Research Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) requirements to comply with new cyber security requirements identified by DoD and/or HQDA and automating their implementation.
- Assist in the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues to support PL LIS’ unique system sustainment requirements.
- Capable of installing and configuring system software applications.
- Work with the team in implementing and programming security requirements for a secure Windows 10 operating system baseline.
- Must be capable of conducting vulnerability scans of selected logistics information systems.
- Candidate must have the capability of becoming a subject matter expert for Information Assurance Vulnerability Management with training.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable of system connectivity, network operation, architecture, operating systems and databases.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with customers on the phone, troubleshooting issues and providing telephonic training to the customer.
- Candidate must have the capability of analyzing system vulnerability reports, providing detailed and accurate analysis on system remediation. He will provide support for the logistics information system through the development of automated applications and procedures.
- Candidate must be able to assist with developing and validating functional and technical requirements and work effectively with the next higher level of help desk support (Tier III).
- Programming experience (Visual Basic Script and PowerShell) in designated operating systems required.
- CompTIA Security Plus certification (DoD 8570.1m certification) required.
- 5 Years of experience with operating system programming.
- Direct experience supporting systems and networks operating within Active Directory and Host Based Security System environments (5+ years, Army experience preferred).
- Secret Clearance required
Desired education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or 5 plus years supporting systems and networks operating within Active Directory environments
- Experience with VBScript, PowerShell and batch file programming required. Familiar with MS SQL Server 2008, and Windows 10 a plus.
- Additional Sustainment Information Systems (SIS) experience a plus.
- A working knowledge of IT terminology and security concepts is desired.
- Any experience with information assurance or cybersecurity preferred.
- Must be proficient in English: able to clearly speak, read and write in English.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to provide quality customer service, be self-motivated and have the initiative to get the job done.
- SASMO background a plus, but not required.
- Military experience in Army Logistics Systems and Procedures.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Rivera Consulting Group, Inc. (Rivera Group) is more than an I.T. Consulting and Software Development firm. We’re a magnet for some of the brightest and most creative systems and software engineering experts working today. Headquartered in the Louisville KY metropolitan area, with 125+ employees across 14 states, we’ve built a true team ecosystem that buzzes with the lively flow of ideas and fosters a spirit of collaboration and thought leadership. In short, we’re awesome. Our clients have one thing in common: an urgent need for robust, reliable I.T. solutions where there seem to be none. An Indiana Economic Development Corporation “Companies to Watch” Spotlight Award recipient, we are radically redefining the limits of software engineering through Eagle6, our revolutionary, proprietary enterprise analysis and system modeling tool.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer exclusive banking opportunities through BB&T@Work.
Rivera Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Rivera Group provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Rivera Group maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled-veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page
NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS: This employer participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.