Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a remote Account Executive for our USA Wholesale Division.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza employs a network of sales associates to serve its clients nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Account Executive is responsible for the solicitation of new business for the company, development of marketing materials, and recommending the approval of new brokers to the wholesale manager. Account executives also maintain existing relationships with wholesale broker production sources.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage. * Add value to the broker client base through thorough knowledge of Plaza's products and underwriting guidelines - which includes Conventional, FHA & VA.
- Answer client questions and respond to loan status inquiries during processing.
- Provide training on company policies and procedures, as well as current regulatory requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with the applicable state licensing requirements.
- Commitment to visit accounts daily while working a minimum 40 hour work week.
- Take applications from wholesale source clients for client approval by Plaza.
- Assist in the development of new marketing materials and distribute materials to existing and prospective client base.
- Conduct on-site inspections of client's premises and gather all applicable financials, resumes, licenses, and contract documentation for submission to senior management.
- Maintain contact with client base on a daily basis to solicit new business and request new loan lock-ins.
- Monitor company's computer-based register on a daily basis for prompt cancellation of dead files and timely delivery of live files.
- Provide training and conduct informational meetings for the client base.
- Establish controls to track monthly rates, lock-ins, client contacts, monies due on extended locks, and other information as required.
- Update lock-in file and purge cancellations and expired locks daily.
- Update rate line information and fax information to clients at least daily.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree desired
- Minimum of five years of experience in loan origination with a track record of success in the mortgage industry
- Current producing client base is strongly desired
- Must possess solid understanding of wholesale loan origination, underwriting processes and procedures, and mortgage industry standards
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills essential along with strong presentation skills
- Professional demeanor to effectively interact with all branch and company personnel as well as brokers
- Strong attention to detail with ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work and manage time
- Solid commitment to customer service with excellent client relations skills
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for figures necessary
- Proficiency in computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers
- Account Executives who will be driving on company business will be required to maintain a valid driver's license, car insurance, and a clean driving record
- Achievement Orientation
- Client Focus
- Relationship Building
- Self Confidence
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.